When I say “you” I am referring to the generic member of the population. The problems we complain about, are our fault. it’s not the politicians, it’s not the mega-corporations, it’s not the bureaucrats and it’s not the lawyers.
It’s all down to us. Because we sit there in meek compliance and occasionally moan at our TV sets.
– We are the ones who let the politicians get away with their crimes
– We are the ones who go running to lawyers because of the hope of easy money, which spirals down into litigation actually threatening the cohesion of society
– We are the ones who signed the 2006 contract and still insist on working in it when for many there IS a viable alternative
– We are the ones who don’t protest, who don’t march, who don’t write a letter in such abundance that the politicians live in fear of us.
– We are the ones who accept the fines and the regulations and the box-ticking and the inconvenience hoisted on us by pen pushers whose souls resemble a chicken left in the over for a day at gas mark 300
– We are the ones who stab each other in the back just to get some pieces of paper with the Queen’s head on it, just so we can buy some overpriced tat
– We are the ones who allowed the government to spend £100 billion a year on Quangos, to allow the government to almost triple the cost of running the country in a 15 year period.
– We are the ones who spend money we don’t have, to buy things we don’t need, to impress people we don’t even know
– We are the ones who let ego drive us to get caught in the rat race
– We are the ones who don’t look after our health
– We are the ones who continue to use companies even when they dump on us, repeatedly, from a great height
– We are the ones who know our rights but never accept our responsibilities
– We are the only ones with the power to make the change.
– We are the ones who allow government and corporations to spy, and track and monitor our every move and waking moment.
– I choose to no longer accept the “oh my life is so terrible” victim mentality that is so prevalent in the dental forums now. Ok, things are bad…what are YOU going to do about it, right now to make a change?
– I choose to no longer accept the “can I make an X for band 2” when the answer is clearly there for all to see in the contract and the 2006 dental charges legislation. Ok, the contracts shite, what are YOU going to do about it, right now to make a change?
– I choose to no longer accept the “look how wonderful my dentistry is, please tell me how wonderful I am” posts when, for some reason, we never get to see your failures. I am here to learn and grow, not to massage egos.
– And on that point, I choose to no longer accept the corrosive ego I see every day on social media.
I won’t accept any of it. And I may feel strangely compelled to will call you on it.
If you want to know who is responsible for the present state of today’s society….you need only look in the mirror
That’s the way it looks from here
Dr Stephen Hudson BDS, MSc, PGD Med law, PGC Dental Law & Ethics