Humans often have a tendency to see the bad in everything. Sometimes that strategy works. A lot of the time though it can send you down a negative spiral.
Personally, I think the trick is to be able to see the weaknesses in the society around her whilst revelling in its strengths. You don’t live in denial but you appreciate the heights of human civilisation. You have to remember we as a species have never had it this good. Despite what the GDC and the politicians come up with, we have a quality of life that the Kings and Pharos of the past would have killed for. The toil of a thousand slaves can be replaced by the flick of a light switch.. So let’s have a look at the best humanity has to offer.
- How’s about the 18-year-old kid who discovered he could use his 3d printer to make replacement limbs for less than a $1000. This has revolutionised the provision for amputees and those where were born without said limbs.
- Stem cell therapy allows us to cure 3rd-degree burns without scarring or pain
- The deadliest viruses known to humanity are being used to cure cancer by the Mayo Clinic
- The level of excellence our entertainment has reached is astonishing. Remember the stale acting in those old black and white movies. Look at the films and the TV series that are being created now, where people can be swallowed up in a thousand realities.
- You have access to the totality of human knowledge and understanding at your fingertips.
- Yes, we go on about SJW’s and political correctness, but that is because we have raised a generation who have never had to suffer the trauma of war. In the West, we don’t have to wake up to the fear that our cities will be bombed from the skies or that our sons will have to die in the fields of Europe for our freedoms
- I can buy food from over 100 countries. I can also visit those countries for a reasonable price
- We still have the fear of war, but the technology of warfare invariable always finds its way into commercial hands.
- Technology seems to evolve to solve any problem we face.
- The science of human excellence had never been so advanced. From business to success to the Olympics, humanity keeps defeating the odds set against it.
- The greatest minds of our civilisation can now share their ideas with the world
- The technology available for you to do your job improves every year
Forget the cretins in Whitehall and the letter from m’leanred friends…just for a few days. Maybe now isn’t the time to feel down, and I’m not stupid enough to forget that some people struggle at this time of year. For most people though, if we figure out what you are grateful for and ask yourself if things really are as bad as we keep telling ourselves. Remember, for some people to get clean water for their children, they have to make a five-mile round trip. Some people live in fear of genocide and true poverty. Even that will be solved as humanity makes its strides forward.
We just figured out how to create oxygen from chlorophyll without the need for plants. Think what that means for space travel.
Just some thoughts to keep Santa happy
“The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it’s real because that’s how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it’s very brightly coloured, and it’s very loud, and it’s fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, “Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?” And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, “Hey, don’t worry; don’t be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.” And we … kill those people. “Shut him up! I’ve got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.” It’s just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn’t matter, because it’s just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It’s only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here’s what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.” – Bill Hicks RIP
P.S: The price rise for my new book “The Secret World of Dentists” has been postponed till after Xmas. Buy it on Amazon – https://amzn.to/2SeaHyZ